Friday, May 18, 2012

Computer controlled devices? (2)

Project log number 2:

Yesterday I bought 25 transistors, 25 thyristors and 25 LED's, and from those I will make the first test system to  see if everything works. It will be easier to see with only LED's connected, and I will be able to adapt most of the work to later projects, just running another transistor after the LED's, and I will still be able to debug with lights to indicate what is the system doing.
                                                         ^^The components I Bought

I will also do this on breadboard, so switching burned out components will be easier xD

The controlling mechanism will be consisting of three messages:
1. Column of commands on the IC's , so for example I can divide LED's in four blocs etc.
2. The actual command, for example "light up LED 3"
3. Reset. Resets The IC's to be able to take the next command (so I can light up another LED) or reset all, which will also turn off LED's.

The columns I will make out of counter IC's, like the 4017 chip or so, but first things first, the LED's have not been put on breadboard, and I'm away from the components.

No comments:

Post a Comment